A Nationally recognized leader in the area of sports development. Ron McKeefery has twice been named Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Coach of the Year. First by the Professional Football Strength and Conditioning Society (2008 Under Armor Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Coach of the Year), and next by the National Strength and Conditioning Association (2016 Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Coach of the Year). In 2013 Coach McKeefery was honored as a Master Strength and Conditioning Coach by the Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Coaches Association (CSCCa). The Master Strength and Conditioning Coach certification is the highest honor that can be achieved as a strength and conditioning coach, representing professionalism, knowledge, experience, expertise and longevity in the field.
Coach McKeefery is a sought after industry speaker. He has lectured for the National Strength and Conditioning Association, Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Association, and numerous major universities. Ron is the author of the #1 Amazon International Bestseller CEO Strength Coach, and has been published in the National Strength and Conditioning journal, American Football Monthly, and Stack Magazine.
Coach McKeefery has served as a strength and conditioning coach at both the Professional and Collegiate level. Working with such professional organizations as the: Cincinnati Bengals (NFL) Kansas City Royals (MLB), Tampa Bay Buccaneers (NFL), and the Berlin Thunder (NFL Europe). Currently he is the Director of Strength and Conditioning at Eastern Michigan University. Prior to Eastern Michigan he was an Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach for the Cincinnati Bengals, Director of Strength and Conditioning for the University of Tennessee, and spent 10 seasons with the University of South Florida (Div I BCS level). In his time at South Florida the Bulls transitioned from Div I-AA to the BCS Big East Conference and appeared in 6 consecutive bowl games.
He has had the privilege to work with over 80 players that have gone on to play in the National Football League. Composed of 31 NFL Draft Picks, including 1st Round Draft Pick and Pro Bowlers Mike Jenkins & Jason Pierre-Paul, along with Cordarrelle Patterson and Ja’waun James. He has had numerous All Americans, NFL free agents, and All Conference Selections.
McKeefery earned a Master of Arts degree from the University of South Florida in Adult Education and Bachelor degrees from Ottawa University in Biology and Physical Education. While at Ottawa University he was a two sport athlete earning All Conference honors in Football and Track. He was also a two time Academic All American.
Ron is a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist w/Distinction (CSCS*D) and Coach Practitioner under the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) as well as a Strength and Conditioning Coach Certified (SCCC) under the Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Coaches Association (CSCCA). He served as the State NSCA Director for Florida (North).
32 NFL Draft Picks
- Rashard Cliett OLB (2015) 6th Round 211th Pick, Houston Texans
- Austin Reiter OL (2015) 7th Round 222nd Pick, Washington Redskins
- Ja’Waun James OL (2014) 1st Round 19th Pick, Miami Dolphins
- Zach Fulton OL (2014) 6th Round 193rd Pick, Kansas City Chiefs
- Daniel McCullers DL (2014) 6th Round 215th Pick, Pittsburgh Steelers
- Cordarrelle Patterson WR (2013) 1st Round 29th Pick, Minnesota Vikings
- Justin Hunter WR (2013) 2nd Round 34th Pick, Tennessee Titans
- Kayvon Webster DB (2013) 3rd Round 90th Pick, Denver Broncos
- Dallas Thomas OL (2013) 3rd Round 77th Pick, Miami Dolphins
- Mychal Rivera TE (2013) 6th Round 184th Pick, Oakland Raiders
- Sam Barrington LB (2013) 7th Round 232nd Pick, Green Bay Packers
- BJ Daniels QB (2013) 7th Round 237th Pick, San Francisco 49ers
- Malik Jackson DL (2012) 5th Round 137th Pick, Denver Broncos
- Terrell McClain DL (2011) 3rd Round 65th Pick, Carolina Panthers
- Mistral Raymond DB (2011) 6th Round 170th Pick, Minnesota Vikings
- Jacquain Williams LB (2011) 6th Round 202th Pick, New York Giants
- Jason Pierre-Paul DE (2010) 1st Round 15th Pick, New York Giants
- Nate Allen DB (2010) 2nd Round 37th Pick, Philadelphia Eagles
- Jerome Murphy DB (2010) 3rd Round 65th Pick, St. Louis Rams
- Carlton Mitchel WR (2010) 6th Round 177th Pick, Cleveland Browns
- George Selvie DE (2010) 7th Round 226th Pick, St. Louis Rams
- Tyrone McKenzie LB (2009) 3rd round 97th Pick, New England Patriots
- Mike Jenkins DB (2008) 1st Round 25th Pick, Dallas Cowboys
- Trae Williams DB (2008) 5th Round 159th Pick, Jacksonville Jaguars
- Stephen Nicholas LB (2007) 4th Round 109th Pick, Atlanta Falcons
- JR Reed DB (2004) 4th Round 129th Pick, Philadelphia Eagles
- DeAndrew Rubin WR (2003) 7th Round 253rd Pick, Green Bay Packers
- Shurron Pierson DE (2003) 4th Round 129th Pick, Oakland Raiders
- Kawika Mitchell LB (2003) 2nd Round 47th Pick, Kansas City Chiefs
- Bill Gramatica K (2001 ) 4th Round 98th Pick, Arizona Cardinals
- Anthony Henry DB (2001) 4th Round 97th Pick, Cleveland Browns
- Kenyatta Jones OL (2001) 4th Round 96th Pick, New England Patriots
FREE E-Book "Weight Room Wisdom"
Subscribe to get the latest IRON GAME CHALK TALK Episode and updates by email.
As a bonus, download your FREE copy of Weight Room Wisdom: 365 Motivational Quotes.