A Nationally recognized leader in the area of sports development. The Professional Football Strength and Conditioning Society awarded him the Under Armor Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Coach of the Year. Coach McKeefery is a sought after industry speaker. He has lectured for the National Strength and Conditioning Association, Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Association, and numerous major universities. Ron has been published in the National Strength and Conditioning journal, American Football Monthly, and Stack Magazine.
Coach McKeefery has served as a strength and conditioning coach at both the Professional and Collegiate level. Working with such professional organizations as the: Kansas City Royals (MLB), Tampa Bay Buccaneers (NFL), and the Berlin Thunder (NFL Europe). Currently he is the Director of Strength and Conditioning at the University of Tennessee. Prior to UT he spent 10 seasons with the University of South Florida (Div I BCS level). In his time at South Florida the Bulls transitioned from Div I-AA to the BCS Big East Conference.
He has coached 27 NFL Draft Picks, including 1st Round Draft Pick and Pro Bowlers Mike Jenkins & Jason Pierre-Paul. Additionally he has had numerous All Americans, NFL free agents, and All Conference Selections.
He earned a Master of Arts degree from the University of South Florida in Adult Education and Bachelor degrees from Ottawa University in Biology and Physical Education. While at Ottawa University he was a two sport athlete earning All Conference honors in Football and Track. He was also a two time Academic All American.
Ron is a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist w/Distinction (CSCS*D) and Coach Practitioner under the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) as well as a Strength and Conditioning Coach Certified (SCCC) under the Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Coaches Association (CSCCA). He served as the State NSCA Director for Florida (North).
27 NFL Draft Picks
- Cordarrelle Patterson WR (2013) 1st Round 29th Pick, Minnesota Vikings
- Justin Hunter WR (2013) 2nd Round 34th Pick, Tennessee Titans
- Kayvon Webster DB (2013) 3rd Round 90th Pick, Denver Broncos
- Dallas Thomas OL (2013) 3rd Round 77th Pick, Miami Dolphins
- Mychal Rivera TE (2013) 6th Round 184th Pick, Oakland Raiders
- Sam Barrington LB (2013) 7th Round 232nd Pick, Green Bay Packers
- BJ Daniels QB (2013) 7th Round 237th Pick, San Francisco 49ers
- Malik Jackson DL (2012) 5th Round 137th Pick, Denver Broncos
- Terrell McClain DL (2011) 3rd Round 65th Pick, Carolina Panthers
- Mistral Raymond DB (2011) 6th Round 170th Pick, Minnesota Vikings
- Jacquain Williams LB (2011) 6th Round 202th Pick, New York Giants
- Jason Pierre-Paul DE (2010) 1st Round 15th Pick, New York Giants
- Nate Allen DB (2010) 2nd Round 37th Pick, Philadelphia Eagles
- Jerome Murphy DB (2010) 3rd Round 65th Pick, St. Louis Rams
- Carlton Mitchel WR (2010) 6th Round 177th Pick, Cleveland Browns
- George Selvie DE (2010) 7th Round 226th Pick, St. Louis Rams
- Tyrone McKenzie (2009) 3rd round 97th Pick, New England Patriots
- Mike Jenkins DB (2008) 1st Round 25th Pick, Dallas Cowboys
- Trae Williams DB (2008) 5th Round 159th Pick, Jacksonville Jaguars
- Stephen Nicholas LB (2007) 4th Round 109th Pick, Atlanta Falcons
- JR Reed (2004) 4th Round 129th Pick, Philadelphia Eagles
- DeAndrew Rubin (2003) 7th Round 253rd Pick, Green Bay Packers
- Shurron Pierson (2003) 4th Round 129th Pick, Oakland Raiders
- Kawika Mitchell (2003) 2nd Round 47th Pick, Kansas City Chiefs
- Bill Gramatica K (2001 ) 4th Round 98th Pick, Arizona Cardinals
- Anthony Henry (2001) 4th Round 97th Pick, Cleveland Browns
- Kenyatta Jones (2001) 4th Round 96th Pick, New England Patriots