Tim Leahey is an Exercise Scientist at Sydney University Sport & Fitness (SUSF) where he leads the strength and conditioning program for the highly successful Sydney University Football Club (SUFC) for the past six seasons. Tim has a Bachelor of Science in Exercise Science (Rehabilitation), a Masters Degree in Exercise Science (S&C) from Edith Cowan University and is an accredited Strength and Conditioning Level 2 coach with the Australian Strength and Conditioning Association
In this episode we discuss:
- His journey as a strength coach and the success of Sydney University Rugby
- Edith Cowan University Distance Master’s program.
- Staff structure of Sydney University.
- Unique challenges of working with Rugby athletes.
- Tim’s strength and conditioning philosophy and typical schedule of training.
- His learning strategies
- October 2013 American Football/Rugby Clinic
Links We Mentioned: