Carmen is the founder of Human Motion Strength & Conditioning.
Carmen’s current client list includes performance-minded, driven athletes: Pro football (CFL), Amateur & Pro MMA, National level Boxers and a contract with Wrestling Canada preparing athletes for Nationals, Worlds and the Olympic Games.
Carmen has been in the sport performance and fitness training industry for over 20 years and is considered a resource in exercise prescription and strength coaching for the combative and collision sport athlete population(s). Carmen holds a bachelor’s in Human Kinetics and a Master’s degree in Science. Coach Bott’s methods are grounded in science, but it is her 20+ years of experience that allow her to transfer the science into practice.
Carmen lectures internationally in the field of sport science and performance enhancement. She provides workshops for her peers and scientific information for the media and credible websites. Carmen is on also on Faculty at Langara College in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada in the Department of Kinesiology where she instructs Exercise Physiology & High Performance for Sport.
In This Episode We Discuss:
- Her journey as a Strength & Conditioning Coach.
- Biggest mistake she has made as a Strength and Conditioning Coach.
- Common areas of need for Mat Sport athletes.
- What makes her program unique.
- Advice for Female S&C’s wanting to work in Gladiator sports.
- Best piece of advice she has ever received for working with coaches.
- Her favorite quote, Book/App/Website recommendation.
Download this Episode on iTunes or Stitcher Radio
Links We Mentioned:
- The Physiology of Training for High Performance – Sale and MacDougall
- Sports Medicine
- Journal of Applied Physiology
- Journal of S&C Research