John Welbourn is CEO of Power Athlete. He is a 9 year starter in the National Football League and NFL veteran. John was drafted with the 97th pick in 1999 NFL Draft and went on to be a starter for the Philadelphia Eagles from 1999-2003, appearing in 3 NFC Championship games, and for the Kansas City Chiefs from 2004-2007. In 2008, he played with the New England Patriots until an injury ended his season early and retiring in 2009. Over the course of his career, John has started over 100 games and has 10 play-off appearances. He was a four year lettermen while playing football at the University of California at Berkeley. He graduated with a bachelor’s degree in Rhetoric in 1998. John has worked with the MLB, NFL, NHL and other professional and Olympic athletes. He travels the world lecturing on performance and nutrition for Power Athlete and the CrossFit Speciality Seminar: Sports Specific Application. You can catch up with John as his personal blog on training, food and life, Talk To Me Johnnie or at Power Athlete.
In This Episode We Discuss:
- What experience in his journey impacted him the most, and Why.
- Biggest mistake he has made and how he learned from it.
- What attracted him to Crossfit as an athlete.
- Current state of the union on “intensity”.
- How he balances work and life.
- Power athlete HQ learning opportunities.
- Best piece of coaching advice he has ever received.
- His favorite quote, Book/App/Website recommendation.
Download this Episode on iTunes or Stitcher Radio
Links We Mentioned:
- Social Media
- Email: email@example.com
48 Laws of Power