Jim Davis is the Staff & Student Wellness Coordinator at New Trier High School, founder of the Illinois High School Powerlifting Association, and Director of the Good Athlete Project.
In addition to earning degrees from Harvard University, Northwestern University, and Knox College, Jim was an international semi-professional football player and champion powerlifter.
His current research revolves around exercise-induced neural enhancement and effective methods in human development in psychology.
In This Episode We Discuss:
- What experience in his journey impacted him the most, and Why.
- Biggest mistake he has made and how he learned from it.
- His role as a Wellness Coordinator and how others could do something similar.
- Motivation behind the Good Athlete Project
- How to start a Powerlifting Club and Association.
- Best piece of coaching advice he has ever received.
- His favorite quote, Book/App/Website recommendation.
Download this Episode on iTunes or Stitcher Radio
Links We Mentioned:
- Self-Reliance – RW Emerson
- SPARK – John Ratey