Brian is a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist. He earned a Bachelor’s degree in Exercise Science from Miami University in 2004. While at Miami, he played four years of NCAA hockey and was drafted by the NHL’s Atlanta Thrashers in 2001. Brian played seven years of professional hockey, six of those with the Thrashers AHL affiliate, the Chicago Wolves. Currently, he is the head varsity hockey coach at Dexter High School, and a Hockey Masters private instructor. He is also an instructor at Hockey University, a summer-long youth development camp.
Brian used his experience and extensive training background to open Advantage Strength and Conditioning with the intention of improving athletes in both the physical and mental aspects of sport. He has experienced athletics at an elite level, and strives to help others achieve their athletic goals.
He is also co-owner of www.hockeystrengthandconditioning.com.
Brian now lives locally with his wife Kelly, son Cole and daughter, Cooper.
In This Episode We Discuss:
- What experience in his journey impacted him the most, and Why.
- Biggest mistake he has made and how he learned from it.
- What is being done well and not so well in Hockey S&C.
- What a typical training week looks like.
- The process of going from professional athlete to business owner.
- Best piece of coaching advice he has ever received.
- His favorite quote, Book/App/Website recommendation.
Download this Episode on iTunes or Stitcher Radio
Links We Mentioned:
- The Power of Moments