Monte Sparkman enters his sixth year coaching at Richland High School. Prior to his arrival at Richland, Sparkman had coaching stops at Burkburnett, The Virginia Military Institute, and most recently at North Ridge Middle School. Coach Sparkman currently serves at the Texas NHSSCA state director. Sparkman was a 3 year letter winner in football and earned his undergraduate degree from Baker University in 2002. He received his master’s degree in education in 2007 from Wayland Baptist University. Sparkman is a NSCA Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist, certified Club Coach and Sports Performance Coach through USA Weightlifting, and a certified Level 2 coach through USA Track and Field. Sparkman has also competed nationally in powerlifting with a best total of 2200lbs. Sparkman is married to the former Sabrina Kingston of Burleson, TX and they have two children: Jacqueline Shea (9) and Alexandra Rea (6).
In This Episode We Discuss:
- What experience in his journey impacted him the most, and Why.
- Biggest mistake he has made and how he learned from it.
- Conjugate training system.
- How to get the most out of a High School period.
- How he uses the Block Zero approach.
- Best piece of coaching advice he has ever received.
- His favorite quote, Book/App/Website recommendation.
Download this Episode on iTunes or Stitcher Radio
Links We Mentioned:
LegacyPower of Positive Leadership
- Rack Performance