Coach Drew earned his bachelor’s degree in kinesiology from Bethel College in 2003 along with his Master of Science in Performance Enhancement and Injury Prevention from California University in Pennsylvania in 2008. He is a former college football player who has always had a passion for the sport and training. Drew has served as a part of Bethel College’s coaching staff, a wellness director for the YMCA of Middle Tennessee, and as the head trainer for MPower Fitness working with the rehabilitation of collegiate and professional athletes. Drew loves continually educating himself on new techniques or principles regarding training and coaching. When he is not teaching and coaching, he is a full time dad to his beautiful 8 year old daughter, Hope. His favorite fitness quote is, “Lack of activity destroys the good condition of every human being, while movement and methodical physical exercise save it and preserve it.”
In This Episode We Discuss:
- What experience in his journey impacted him the most, and Why.
- Biggest mistake he has made and how he learned from it.
- Private vs. Collegiate
- Loading progressions
- Female speed development.
- Best piece of coaching advice he has ever received.
- His favorite quote, Book/App/Website recommendation.