Karsten Jensen is a Ontario, Canada based Strength and Conditioning coach. Karsten started as a strength and conditioning coach with the Danish National Elite Sports Institute from 2000-2007. He has coached Olympic and Professional athletes from numerous sports. He is the author of “The Flexible Periodization Method”, and rountinely speaks at industry events regarding its application.
In this episode we discuss:
- How growing up in Denmark he became a Strength and Conditioning Coach.
- The different types of periodization and what “The Flexible Periodization Method” is.
- Principles the program is built on, his “Firsts”.
- The 7 different training blocks.
- His 9 steps to creating a training program.
- How the method could be applied to Football.
- Website – Yes to Strength
- Book – “The Flexible Periodization Method“
- Karsten’s Twitter, Facebook, You Tube
- Website – Ron McKeefery
- Strength Coach Basic Training
IF YOU LIKE IRON GAME CHALK TALK, YOU WILL LOVE STRENGTH ON DEMAND:
Online archive of Top Strength and Conditioning Coaches Strength and Conditioning Clinic Presentations. See Coaches like Gray Cook, Robert Dos Remedios, Kaz Kazadi, Matt Balis, and more. Click here for more details.