Tavis Piattoly, MS, RD, LDN is the Sports Dietitian for the New Orleans Saints, New Orleans Hornets, and St. Amant High School where he coordinates nutritional assessments, provides nutrition education, and develops individual meal plans. He has an extensive Sports Nutrition background working with high school athletes from all sports. He has also worked with High School Coaches, Athletic Trainers, and Strength and Conditioning Specialists with a direct focus of changing the nutrition habits of athletes in order to improve athletic performance.
He obtained a Masters of Science Degree in Kinesiology and a Bachelors of Science Degree in Nutrition and Dietetics from Louisiana State University. He is a registered Dietitian and Licensed Nutritionist by the State of Louisiana.
In this episode we discuss:
- His path to becoming a Sports Nutritionist
- His recommendations for Pre/Post Game Meals.
- What we should be giving our athletes during Halftime.
- His recommendations for Pre/Post workout snacks.
Links We Mentioned:
- Website: MySportsD.com
- MySportsRD Social Media: Twitter, Facebook, Linked In, You Tube
- Tavis’s Social Media: Linked In
IF YOU LIKE IRON GAME CHALK TALK, YOU WILL LOVE STRENGTH ON DEMAND:
Online archive of Top Strength and Conditioning Coaches Strength and Conditioning Clinic Presentations. See Coaches like Gray Cook, Robert Dos Remedios, Kaz Kazadi, Matt Balis, and more. Click here for more details.