Donnell Boucher is the Assistant Athletic Director for Strength & Conditioning at The Citadel. Prior to coming to The Citadel, Boucher was the performance director at Competitive Athlete Training Zone in Auburn, Mass., where he trained athletes of all levels in performance enhancement. Before that assisted w/ performance training at his alma mater, Worcester State College. His strength and conditioning certifications include the CSCS from the NSCA, and the SCCC credential from the CSCCa, for which he is also an approved professional mentor. Boucher earned a bachelor’s degree in health education from Worcester State where he was a four-year football letterman. Boucher completed his master’s degree in Health, Exercise & Sport Science at The Citadel in 2010.
In this episode we discuss:
- His journey as a strength and conditioning coach.
- How he has navigated this profession quickly.
- Designing programs for a unique population.
- Why he places so much emphasis on staff development.
- How he and his staff come up with creative protocols and workouts for their athletes.
- Organizational branding and how he uses Social Media to better their program.
- His Mentors, Favorite Quote, Book/App/Website Recommendations.
Links We Mentioned:
- Donnell’s Twitter, Facebook, Youtube
- Favorite Quote:
- “It’s not what I know as a coach, it is what I can impart on you as a coach.” Bill Parcels
- “If you do a good job you are going to be rewarded with more work.” Bill Belichick
- Book Recommendation:
- Website Recommendation: Mashable, Lifehacker
- App Recommendation: Prezi
THIS EPISODE OF IRON GAME CHALK TALK IS EXCLUSIVELY SPONSORED BY PLAE SPORTS FLOORING:
PLAE Performance Sports Flooring has more than 40 years of experience. Their team leverages this knowledge and insight to develop innovative, premium products that exceed expectations. Specializing in all levels of athletics the identify and understand specific needs and design solution to meet them. Click here to see a gallery of colleges that have installed PLAE.
IF YOU LIKE IRON GAME CHALK TALK, YOU WILL LOVE STRENGTH ON DEMAND:
Online archive of Top Strength and Conditioning Coaches Strength and Conditioning Clinic Presentations. See Coaches like Gray Cook, Robert Dos Remedios, Kaz Kazadi, Matt Balis, and more. Click here for more details.